<< return to Pixycam.com

Where are the Pixy2 detection algorithms?

Hi all,

I am a new user, and I am trying to modify the detection algorithms of Pixy2 to, hopefully, accelerate the process. However, I am having a hard time finding where are such algorithms on the source code. Does the image processing occur in the ARM-M0? Or in the ARM-M4? Where can I find the image processing algorithms in the source code (https://github.com/charmedlabs/pixy2)?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kind regards,
Joao Vieira

Hello Joao,
The algorithms are in lots of files and on both processors, both the ARM Cortex-M4 and the ARM Cortex-M0. The M0 handles the image acquisition and initial processing steps. The M4 handles the higher-level processing steps.

What algorithm are you interested in speeding up? Can you describe what you are doing? Perhaps we can be of more help.

Edward

Hi Edward,

First of all, thanks for the quick answer.

This topic is related to the other question where I inquired whether the image processing included any binary operations. I am working on accelerating image processing algorithms. However, I am only working with binary images. Therefore, I think that, unfortunately, it will not be possible to use Pixy2 in my work.

Kind regards,
Joao Vieira