<< return to Pixycam.com

Running program on computer

Hi all, i was wondering if there is a possibility to run the line tracking program purely on computer without microcontroller at all in order to test it ‘offline’. Like, for example, to pass to program a video and it would analyze it as if it receives it from camera. It would be really useful because then I could record the video and then tweak all parameters to see how the algorithm behaves using only computer.

Hi, unfortunately this is not possible! Pixy2 runs the line tracking algorithm onboard, using its dedicated processors, and video input from the onboard camera. There’s not really a way to feed external video to it…

Thanks,
Jesse

Too bad :confused: I though that there might be some little hack that would allow it.
I have another question related to line-finding algorithm:
I see that the main processing is done on m4, but is m0 processing too? Because from what I understand from code m0 takes image from camera in bayer format and strips it from red and blue colors, leaving only green, and then it sends that data to m4, is that right? Or does m0 do something additional, like undersampling the image and sending only every 4th pixel or something else?
Thanks, Dominik

Hello,
For the line tracking algorithm, the M0 does the edge detection (only on the green channel). The edges are then sent to the M4 via a queue. The M4 then assembles the edges into lines, intersections and barcodes.

Hope this helps!

Edward

1 Like