<< return to Pixycam.com

My Pixy Cam seems to have dead pixels

Hello,

I got my Pixy Cam a couple days ago and when I connected it to my computer for the first time I notice a dark spot in the field of view. I at first thought it was dust or dirt on lens but after thoroughly inspecting the lens it is clean. Any ideas or do I give a bad review and send it back. Also, I bought it on Amazon so not straight from manufacturer…

Thanks for any help you all can provide!

Kyle

Hello Kyle,
I’m sorry for the problem with the image. It’s likely that a piece of dust is on the imaging surface. You can unscrew the lens completely to expose the imager (that’s usually under the lens) and then use a q-tip to remove dust by rubbing the imaging surface with the (dry) q-tip. Let me know if you have any problems whatsoever.

Edward

Phew… I had the same issue. Cleaning the imaging sensor cleared it. It may be worthwhile to advise the assembly line of the issue so that they can adjust the assembly procedure to make sure the imaging surface is clean before installing the lens.
Cheers,
Ronald

Hi Ronald, sorry for the problem. We clean and test the sensor before we ship, but sometimes a piece of dust or small piece of debris that has found itself in the lens space falls on the sensor. I’m glad you were able to fix the problem :slight_smile:

Edward