<< return to Pixycam.com

Multicolored object detection

Hi ,
I am trying to create a robot which will align itself to a specific object and I am trying to use Pixy to do this . The object that I want to track is a rugby ball made by Gilbert and it is not having a fixed color. How can I train my Pixy to detect this object ?

Hello,
Pixy uses color cues to detect objects. It looks like your logo has a nice blue in it. (The black and white are ignored by Pixy.) You could teach Pixy to detect this by training it on the blue.

You can also train Pixy on other colors if there are other colors associated with the same object (green for example).

So you could train Pixy on blue for blue rugby balls in signature 1. And you could train Pixy for green for green rugby balls in signature 2.

When Pixy detects an object with either signature 1 or 2, you can assume it’s a rugby ball.

Hope this helps!

Edward

Thank you for your reply.

I will definitely try this option . Just as a doubt though can is set the threshold for detection of color because it will consider every similar color as my ball . So if I could set a threshold then it would help the Pixy to properly detect the ball .

Hi, you can use the Signature Tuning sliders to help fine-tune the object detection (set a threshold). More info here: https://docs.pixycam.com/wiki/doku.php?id=wiki:v2:some_tips_on_generating_color_signatures_2

Thanks a lot for your help.