<< return to Pixycam.com

ESP 32 Question

Hello,
Now that I have almost perfected our beaglebone bot, I am beginning to explore the possibilities of using the Pixy2 with an esp32 robot.

I have read through the manuals, and have some ideas about how to do it, but was wondering if it is possible to run some software on the pixy itself then just export a string with the output data.

What I would love to be able to do is run the pan-tilt module on the pixy (putting the code on the sdcard), and then output the data via SPI or Analog.

Is this a possibility, or do all of the pan tilt commands need to be sent from the microcontroller?

I just thought less data would make for a faster and more stable system (also, it would be easier coding on my end, and if I needed to write it in C++, I could do that and my students could still use Python to access the coordinates.)

Thank you for making such a cool product.

Sincerely,
Mr. R^2

Two part answer: perhaps @edge can correct me if Iā€™m mistaken, but I believe you do need a microcontroller (or a computer running PixyMon) to run the Pan/Tilt code.

However, you can certainly output data about color signatures (x, y, area, id) over SPI or analog. This is what Pixy is designed for. See our porting guide for more info: https://docs.pixycam.com/wiki/doku.php?id=wiki:v2:porting_guide

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Jesse

1 Like

Thank you. That does help and is what I thought. I have browsed the porting guide a bit.

~Mr. R^2